Work with us
RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATOR
12 Month Fixed Term Contract, 30 hours per week (09:30 to 16:00, 5 days out of 7, on a rota basis to include some weekends and bank holidays)
£8.50 per hour plus pension and uniform
Worcestershire Animal Rescue Shelter in Malvern takes in abandoned, unwanted and mistreated animals in need of urgent care. Our aim is to re-home our animals as quickly and safely as possible to provide them with loving forever homes. In 2018/19 we rehomed over 275 dogs and cats in addition to over 500 ex-battery hens.
Our busy Shelter is looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual with excellent communication and admin skills to help with the smooth running of our Shelter. We are looking for someone to work as part of the team in providing a professional and informative service to the public with regards to re-homing our animals.
Purpose of the role:
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the shelter, talking to them about our work and our animals, answering queries both face to face, via email and on the telephone, including explaining our rehoming process and the animals available for adoption;
- Administration tasks such as data inputting onto our ASM database and planning and co-ordinating volunteer induction days;
- Co-ordinating the rota of volunteer receptionists to ensure our busy reception is covered at all times;
- Sorting and dispersing goods donated into the reception area from donators;
- Ensuring our shelter shop is fully stocked, assisting customers with purchasing goods from the shop and taking payments for shop sales;
- Ensuring the reception area is kept clean and tidy and looks well presented at all times.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in front-line customer service with a willingness to help with a range of tasks in the office/reception as required;
- Excellent communicator with an impeccable telephone manner who is polite, friendly, confident and approachable;
- Organised with ability to manage and prioritise workload with a common-sense approach to problem solving;
- Trustworthy, honest and conscientious with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to work comfortably in a small team or alone;
- Good IT skills, including email, internet and Microsoft Office;
- Have empathy for all animals and be able to work within our Health and Safety policies and procedures.
This is such an important role - you’ll be helping animals to find their loving, forever homes in which to lead happy and healthy lives, plus, you’ll get unlimited dog and cat cuddles every day!
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, should you require further information on this role please call the Shelter and speak to Claire on 01905 831651.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE